Saturday, September 23, 2006

Finally the first post is here...

I am finally getting down to doing this blog assignment. I need to get moving on this assignment. After reviewing several blogs, I will be blogging on the mountain biking industry. I attended the International Bike Show in Las Vegas last year and became intrigued with business aspect of biking.

I have been a biker in one form or another for the past 17 years. In the last 6 years I have become more of a mountain biker and I have seen how the sport has grown exponentially. The mountain bike had almost but pushed the road bike out the local bike stores, until Lance Armstrong start winning the Tour De France.

As a purchaser of several bike frames and too many bike components, I would like to see the other side of the business.


I am off to search for information and articles pertaining to the business of mountain biking.

Here is a link to a brief history of the mountain bike http://www.bicyclesource.com/you/culture/mtb-history.shtml

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home